If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at [email protected].
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
Purpose Data (key elements) Basis
Enquiring about our organisation and its work Name, email, message Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.
Signing up as a member of SevaLight Associates Worldwide Name, address, email Contract – by paying your membership fees you have entered into a contractual relationship with us as set out in our membership terms and conditions.
Website functionality Website activity collected through cookies Legitimate interests
– it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
– Reply to enquiries you send to us;
– Where you have specifically agreed to this, send you communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
– When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
– You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
– We are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
– We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside where appropriate safeguards are in place.
3. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
4. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
– Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
– You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
– You have the right of access to your information.
– You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
5. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, e.g. remembering your preferences, and counting the number of people looking at a website.
When using a credit card to purchase services or products on this website the actual payment processing is handled by Stripe.
Data Used: Transaction amount, transaction currency code, product title, product price, product ID, order quantity, Stripe payer ID, and Stripe transaction ID.
Activity Tracked: The Stripe payer ID, transaction ID, and HTTP referrer are sent with a payment completion tracking event that is attached to the site owner.
Data Synced: Stripe transaction ID, Stripe transaction status, Stripe product ID, quantity, price, customer email address, currency, and payment button CTA text.
This website is currently maintained by the web designing company Mentegoz Technologies